Monday, October 26, 2009

Working for the weekend

That's bad because it's only Monday.

Tomorrow we're going to Boo at the Zoo with the Marthafam. Asher's already inquired about crafts, as we made felt owls the last time he was here. Maybe we'll do Jack O' Lanterns this time.

Adelaide's going to be a gnome for Halloween. Chloë doesn't have a costume yet because I'm a bad mother.

Today I'm working on hand embroidery patterns for the Sock Monkey and the Gnome. Later on I'm going to try and finish up the Foofa pillowcase and get started on cross stitching the Sock Monkey for myself. Or maybe to sell, who knows? We'll see how it turns out. I'm incredibly anal about how the back of my cross stitch looks and if I'm making it just for myself, I won't be so picky and it'll take me less time.
I've sort of lost interest in the Lucky Cat on black since I just stitched it so recently. I think I'll set it aside for awhile.

I'm also going to make up a pdf tutorial with pics for Ashley, so I'll put it up for download here, too.

I bought a new rotary cutter and mat today because my old cutter was pffft. This one is made by Sewing Basket, a 28mm cutter just for my felt. I've never used this kind before but it was on sale and I had a coupon. I hope I don't cut my finger off.

I'm on Facebook now! Please become a fan! Please? There's a thingy (a widget?) to the right.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails