Thursday, December 24, 2009

Featured Artist: My daughter, Chloë!

My oldest daughter Chloë is ten years old. She is in the fifth grade and enjoys playing the violin, skateboarding, baton and best of all - cross stitching! I was ten when I first started stitching, so it makes me really happy that she enjoys it so much, too. She's been super busy stitching up her holiday gifts lately. When that's all over with, she wants to open up her very own Etsy shop to sell her finished items!
Oh, be still my heart - she IS my child! Chloë is a great kid and I couldn't be more proud of her. Here are some pictures of Chloë and her work!

Working on the fire ant/panda fetus cross stitch:



Gnome WIP:





And here's her gnome, finished!



Hot Sauce WIP: (Ho Sauce! She was very amused)




Hot Sauce, finished! This is for her cousin. He puts hot sauce on everything!



Retro Kitty WIP:






Retro Kitty, finished!



She made this for her aunt Kate:




And finally, her Taco Time WIP:



She says this one will take her FOR-EVER!

My kid is awesome, huh? She is smart and fabulous. She wants to be a marine biologist when she grows up. I love her!

Chloë wants to give a shout out to one of her favorite Etsy artists, Aurea Praga of The Golden Plague. Here is her favorite thing from Aurea's shop, the Lac Kitten Ring from the I'm All Ears Series.



Chloë says, "This is a really, really good ring!" and I agree!

You can find the cross stitch patterns she used in my Etsy shop.




Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chloë :)
    It makes me really happy that you like my kitten, thank you for the feature!
    I'll be keeping an eye on you, you are a promise to a better future.
    And Maggie, you are so right to be proud, your girl is beatiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chloe!!

    Your stitchin fingers are awesome lady :o) I love your retro kitty! You HAVE to tell me when your shop opens - i cant wait to see!! (^_^)

    Maggie, you have a truly gorgeous girl & little woman in the making :o) I'd be proud too!

    Hugs from one Little Green Shoot to another!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails