Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow, it's 2010 already! Where did the time go?

2009 was a good year for us.

My husband got a awesome new job and we now have great insurance and other benefits we didn't have before. He got a raise, too, and I made him this cake:



He liked it this much:

I love him bunches. Last night he made flautas for dinner and he even does his own laundry! I think I'll keep him.


My 10-year-old Chloë took up cross stitching, along with starting 5th grade and learning how to play the violin.

Adelaide, aka The Babylaidey Monster, turned 2 and started talking up a storm. I watched my children grow and change so much it made me the happiest and saddest mama in the world, all at the same time.

My girls are the  most adorable things ever made. They melt my heart on a daily basis. Of course, sometimes I want to throw them out of the window, but overall I like them a lot! Especially when they are being this sweet:



Whoops! I just said "awww" out loud. Yes, I sure did.



I started selling on Etsy and saw the year end with 43 sales over an 8 week period. I have received 82 hearts since October 22 and I hope I can get 82 more in the next 8 weeks, too! I joined a lot of online groups and met some great crafty people and made a lot of new friends.



In August, I drove halfway across the country with both of my children, by myself, and I survived. My daughters got to meet family members in Texas that they rarely see. At stops along the way, I met some of my online friends that I had been talking to for years, but never seen in real life. Chloë met her pen pal Annika in Dallas and Adelaide got to meet her great-grandma for the first time. We ate enough tamales to feed a small country and when it was all over, I was sad we had to go home, but sort of relieved it was over because on the way home my children acted like this:





Of course, in 2009 I also herniated two discs in my back, which are still giving me a huge pain in the ass (literally). Otherwise 2009 was a pretty fun year.

I'm not asking for a repeat by any means, but when it comes to disasters, 2009 was relatively low in that department.

I hope 2010 is good to us. I hope it's good to you, too.

You know what would make it great? A cupcake. I think I'll go have one now.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a very productive 2009. A man who does laundry? Awesome - my hubby does it, too - AND the dishes (well, most of the time!). Looking forward to sharing creativeness with you in 2010!!!! Go and enjoy that cupcake now. :) Sincerely, Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails